You are invited:
to join us on the 1st to the 2nd of December 2012 for the Random Hacks of Kindness (RHoK) Hackathon [09:00 till late on Saturday and 09:00 till around 16:00 on Sunday] together with other innovative software developers, subject matter experts, researchers, and members of the community to design and develop open ICT solutions that will address real world social development and humanitarian challenges.
Who is organizing?
Sowertech International in partnership with House4Hack,GTUG-Pretoria, and Computing Pro Bono (School of Computing at UNISA)
Throughout the planned weekend, we will be Hacking for Humanity, that is, coding/programming around local challenges. Challenges will be made available on the RHoK website as soon as they get finalized. Challenges that were also tackled during the previous events (RHoK-Pretoria, June 2012, and other associated Hackathons)) will also form part of this upcoming event.
- Volunteer your time and skills to build technological solutions that will make the world a better place
- Become a community-engaged developer, social innovator, researcher, scholar, and community hacker.
- Innovative solutions and progress made during the hackathon will be acknowledged with great prizes
- Expect to network and collaborate with other developers, researchers, and subject matter experts.
- Expect some nice refreshments and drinks.
- Bring your laptop (loaded with your "open" development tools), mobile phones, laptop and phone charger, 3G network [ in cases of limited wireless connection ]
- Power extensions, your energy and your brains!
and Technology/Language to use?
- open source technologies and languages
To reserve and confirm your participation. Register online for free:
SPACE IS LIMITED SO PLEASE SIGN UP NOW!
More details and contacts: (www.rhok.org)
- Pretoria Contacts:
- Obby Mathloko - email@example.com
- Jabu Mtsweni - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ishmael Makitla - email@example.com
- Schalk Heunis - firstname.lastname@example.org