RHoK Weekend Info
- Want to work on this project? Contact Chad Badiyan - email@example.com
- (Chad is located in Berlin. Check what time it is there.)
- We have a dev server set up for each team that wants to work. Contact Chad (above) to gain access.
- Conveying RHoK Impact and Value - The front page of RHoK.org does not clearly and concisely convey the value of RHoK: What are the success stories? Where are the next RHoK events? How big is the community? Where have solutions been implemented? Come up with a modifiable, updatable visualization to be placed on the front page of RHoK.org. We believe an ideal location for this is a replacement of the current “Latest Activity” section.
- Skill-to-Problem Matching - How can we better pair hackers and their skills with the projects that need them? How can hackers find projects that are both in their area of interest and their area of expertise? How should user profiles be reconstructed to make this as user friendly as possible?
- RHoK Community Portal - The current community page does not have a clear value. What would be a better use of this space? Can this be a visualization of the RHoK community? A place to find like-minded hackers to form teams and work on projects outside of the biannual RHoK events?
- RHoK Event Management / Event Lead Portal - What would make you want to plan and manage an event through RHoK.org? What features of event planning does it lack? How can the RHoK.org CMS be improved to allow for even greater ability of the community to share problems, event info and build relationships with each other?
- Highlighting Great Content - RHoK Success Stories, Guest Blogs, “The Hack” - these are all ongoing blog series. But there is no way to easily find all of these stories. Sure, we can tag them and put them in the sidebar - that is easy and may be sufficient. But maybe you have an even better idea.
- Incorporate Social Media & Improve Commenting - The commenting system is minimal and the social media integration is nonexistent. What is the role of commenting for the RHoK community, and how can it be leveraged to improve communication and collaboration through RHoK.org?
- Better Blogging - The current modules used to create blogs and pages on RHoK.org can be cumbersome. Perform a usability analysis and improve this system.
SecondMuse, the operational lead for RHoK, is the core maintainer for the site and will fold in changes as well as potentially offer contract employment opportunities to grand visions with good designs and implementations in order to fold them more completely into RHoK.org.