- Charlie: Backend / IA
- Alex: PDF rendering / QR codes /
- Russell: Wireframes and UX
- Eddy: SMS / IA
We're trying to develop this idea as a framework to power several possible applications. There are three main components:
For dev purposes using 'poster' as our default but acknowledge that could be extended to sticker-rolls, badges, leaflets.
- Uses a web form to specify who and where they are
- A campaign id is attached as a hidden field
- When asset 'generated' will auto-assign an 'asset id'
- This info is used to build the SMS response CTA and QR codes
- Also auto-generates codes for activists to fine-tune location (once they've placed asset somewhere)
- Makes a print-quality PDF with all that info embeded
- The poster should have a clear call to action
- This will be both SMS instructions and a QR code
- To make it simple and scaleable the QR will generate SMS
- The SMS will include the 'campaign id' and 'asset id'
- It will request a name
- Location is gathered from the asset data entered by activist
- Moved this largely out of scope
- Assumption is that there will likely be a 'poster maker'
- For demo purposes will use one standard design with reserved space for QR/CTA
- We are concentrating on the main ux functionality not the eventual mapping
- assumption is that location will be easily mapped
- acknowledge design and presentation of that will matter
STATUS UPDATE - 13.00 4 Dec
- Charlie: Finishing up the form that will submit the print run information
- Alex: Integrating new JSON / Server communication
- Russel: Moved over to help out NGO Clarity
- Eddy: Unable to make it today *sadface*
STATUS UPDATE - 15.30 3 Dec
- Charlie: Written Django to take SMS input via API and save to DB. Currently getting stuff to public server. Then more DB work.
- Alex: PDF renderer, QR generator done. Working on making them pretty.
- Russell: Use cases and flows done. Checking in with C&A to make sure we get working prototype.
- Eddy: Set up and tested SMS gateway. Sorted API to get SMS data to Charlie's scripts.