There is a huge need to use the power of the community during disasters/incidents. The use of mobile techonolgy is changing the dynamic and speed of information travel. It is important that this information integrates among the citizens and responders. We are all communities and need to work together as a whole community. This appilcation will help us reduce the amount of overhead in time, development and overall cost in duplicated efforts, prior, during and post disasters/incidents. Working together saves lives and returns us to a normal state quicker. I can go on, but need to keep this short. Email me and I can give you more!!
During RHoK 3 Seattle we went from paper to an actual Android app that collects information and sends it to a data set in the cloud. This was an incredible step. Looking forward to RHoK 4 Portland and connecting it to the map front end now, so that people can see what is going on.
This project jumped leaps and bounds at RHoK 3 in Seattle. We were able to go from vision/theory to having a mobile application on the Android platform. Since RHoK 3 we have worked on improving the data flow and increasing the dev/test use of SAARAA. We are looking forward to RHoK 4 Portland to get the team back together, add new members and connect more dots of the puzzle.
There are many next steps....
- Connecting the data collection to the data visualization (map) front end.
- Build the iOS application
- Build the Windows Mobile Application
- Organizing the data flow to explain the process to non techies.
- Build out a more robust infrastructure to support large events.
- Building personalizable front end for cities/counties/municiples to use/integrate for their communities.
- Many other things.... ask me.
There are many things we could use from the community. Ask us if you are interested. Check out the next steps section for any interests.