Vermont 2-1-1 needs a mobile solution to their services provided on: http://www.refersoftware.com/vermont211/. The solution will provide a simple, quick, and easy interface to be used on mobile devices. It will help maintain integrity of Vermont 2-1-1 and continue to provide personalized services based on an individual's unique background and life situation. User will be able to use the app to assist vulnerable populations (i.e. non-English speakers, low income populations, families in crisis). It also will make services/resources more accessible, appealing, and convenient for community members and provide the community with a user-friendly database that connects them directly to health and human services with the touch of a button.
- Allow user to select the type of service they need
- Allow user to enter location to narrow down results
- Get contact information of specific services
- Get directions to service
- Can be used by non-English speakers
- Provide contact to Vermont 2-1-1 if the user can't find the service they need
- Collect meaningful data on the usage of the application
I chose to work on this to help improve the lives of people. I am also using this as a learning opportunity to learn more about mobile development.
- Narrowed down the user group
- Identified the goals, needs, problems, and constraints of the project
- Built a mock-up
- Built a basic jQuery mobile prototype
- Conducted significant research to help solve the problem
- Uploaded all relevant information to the Github repo